20 June 2014

Bridesmaids - Where are they now?


These are my adorable Bridesmaids - my very best friends. In honor of my 1st Wedding Anniversary coming up on the 29th of this month, I thought I would have some fun. Isn't it crazy how fast we grow in our 20's? Of course, we've grown so much before this point in our lives, but once we graduate college, we grow even more. Since I graduated (Summer of 2012), I have gotten married, bought a big girl car, bought a house, gotten a puppy, and quit two jobs to finally have landed where I am now. I've gone from a care free college student who solely depended on the school's meal plan for my meals to someone who actually cares about her credit score. Where has the time gone? Basically, that's a lot of change in just 2 years. Besides my sister, who just graduated from High School, the rest of my Bridesmaids & I  just recently all graduated within the past two years. So what are they doing now?


Below is what they had to say about where they are now, 
in their exact words. 

Living at the Beach: "I'm currently living in Orange Beach, AL where I am working three jobs. I play guitar and sing about five nights a week at venues on the coast. I am using my journalism degree to edit, write, and run a monthly entertainment magazine associated with Gulf Coast Newspapers called "Beachin'." I also am a photographer at the Gulf State Park where I take photos of coastal wildlife and zipline tourists! I miss Auburn so much and am ready for football season so I can be reunited with some of my friends."

Actress in Hollywood: "I've been in Los Angeles since I graduated in the fall of 2012 to pursue my dream of acting. Within the first year, I booked a commercial, scored a lead in a feature film and modeled for my favorite clothing brand - ModCloth. I just recently moved into a little guest house in West Hollywood and am loving my neighborhood. I just got a new job right around the corner at a yummy oyster bar, so I'm able to get to every audition quickly because of the great location AND my graphic design company is still thriving! I've met some incredible people and am loving my life on the west coast. Of course, while missing my family dearly --- especially KoKo (an adorable black shitzu)."

Engaged!:  "Since graduating from Auburn University in 2012 with a degree in Early Childhood Education, I moved back to my hometown, Birmingham, and have been teaching preschool for the past two years! This past Christmas break, my boyfriend of three years proposed and we are planning on getting married on April 18, 2015! We are also set to be honeymooning in St. Lucia thereafter, which will be great since we will both be celebrating birthday's while we're there! After that, we are going to be living in the Birmingham Area. "

Officially a Therapist: "On August 4, 2012, I gradated with an undergraduate degree in Human Development and Family Studies with an emphasis in Late Childhood and Adolescent from Auburn University. A week and half later, I began pursuing my Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I will graduate on August 2nd of this year (War Eagle!), and two days later, I'll start my career as a Child Therapist at Tri-County Children's Advocacy Center where I work with children and teenage victims of abuse in Dadeville, AL."

College Freshman: "Since my sister's wedding, I have been accepted to Auburn University, received my High School diploma, began a production job with the Birmingham Barons baseball team. In August, I will be moving out of my parents house and into a dorm at the University. It's been a wild ride, packed with many memories and yet there's so many more to come!"

3rd Grade Teacher: "Since the Huebner wedding, I have moved out of my parents' house, gotten a job as a third grade teacher (which I love SO much!) I am about to start my second year of teaching and I have been focused on learning more about who i am and what I want from life. The twenties are great years to be selfish! :) Life is such a beautiful adventure and I am so beyond thankful for how The Lord orchestrates everything to work out for my good. Every situation has beauty Life after college has been great!" 




These girls have been my heart & soul for the past six years & I really don't know who I would be today without them. 

What have you done in the past two years that might have changed your life??



4 comments :

  1. Loved this post! It's always good to have a set group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go through life without some good friends, right?

      Delete
  2. What an amazing group of ladies! Wow! They all have so many exciting things going on. I love that one of them is a 3rd grade teacher! I just got a new job and I'm moving up from 2nd to 3rd grade. So excited!

    This is such a great idea. I may have to do something similar with my girls one day. Would you mind?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the new job! I'm sure 3rd grade will be easier! Also, I would LOVE for you to do this with your girls. I found it so fun to share what my dearest friends have accomplished so far to the world and would definitely enjoy seeing what yours have as well!

      Can't wait - I'll be on the lookout!

      Delete