11 June 2014

Kitchen Backsplash Re-do!

Before & After (kind of!)


So who hates boring beige walls besides me?! I hope everyone just said "ME, ME, ME" out loud. I think some people can make beige work for them, however, it just doesn't work for me. I like color, I like fun, bright things, in every aspect of my life. 

Therefore, after starring at these boring beige walls where backslash should be for a year now, I finally cracked. There I went on a Pinteresting craze, searching "Kitchen Backsplash" finding all of these amazing kitchens that I knew I would have to pay someone $1,000+ to do. Nope, keep searching. "DIY Kitchen Backsplash Easy" went into the search field after that. BINGO! The first hit was this stuff called Airstone. I had found it. I found the solution to my boring beige walls. Off to Lowe's I went! $200 later, I left with 3 boxes of Airstone & some adhesive to go with it. 

I started by grabbing a stone, slapping some adhesive on it & sticking it to the wall! EASY! The only problem with it is, like all backsplash, you do have to cut pieces to go around outlets, switches & where the wall ends. Luckily for me, I know how to use a hack saw - which is what it says to use. Once again, EASY! 

During the process

Three days later, I was running on fumes, but finished! 

The final product is better than I ever expected - here's a shot I took last week for the previous post - 


The only thing I didn't do, was put the backsplash between the Stove & Microwave because we hope to upgrade it one day with Stainless Steel & didn't want to have the backsplash interfere with the different dimension we will face when purchasing new appliances. However, like I said, I HATE BEIGE WALLS - So I added a splash of yellow ;) 



1 comment :

  1. You have a very beautiful kitchen! The upgrade turned out super nice!

    ReplyDelete