28 June 2014

Our Wedding Vows - 1 year later!

TODAY'S THE DAY - OUR ONE YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! 

(Tomorrow really is, but the restaurant we're going to is closed on Sunday's, so we're celebrating today). I am so ecstatic because it has been amazing. When we started planning our wedding, the one thing that meant the most to me was how the ceremony was going to go . I wanted to make sure that it was short, but romantic and something to remember. Therefore, we decided to write our own vows. This really helped us on our wedding day because neither one of us knew what the other one was going to say! Dave's sentimental, so I knew he would say something that would make me cry, and I like to make him laugh, so that's the way I went with mine (little did I know I would make everyone laugh). The night before, at our rehearsal, the Reverend even said that these vows really helped him get to know us as a couple! Today, I figured I would pull these vows out and share them with y'all & of course I cried a little bit when bringing these back out.



So here's what we had to say about each other a year ago from today! 

His Vows to Me:

"Kayla, 
I love you. Today is a very special day. Long ago, you were just a dream and a prayer. On this day, like a dream come true, the Lord himself has answered that prayer. For today, Kayla, you as my joy became my crown. I thank Jesus for the honor of going through time with you. Thank you for being what you are to me. With our future as bright as the promises of God, I will care for you, honor and protect you. I lay down my life for you, Kayla, my best friend and my love. Today, I give you, me. "

My Vows to Him:

"Dave,

I vow to fall in love you every single day. I vow to never take you for granted. I vow to always hold your hand, even when they are sweaty. I vow to continue buying you nice clothing so that you don’t always look like you came from the gym. I promise to love you in sickness and in health, unless you become a zombie. I promise to never go to bed angry or make you sleep on the couch. I will kiss you every single day, even when you have a huge beard. You are the love of my life, and my closest, truest friend. You have shown me your kindness, honor, and love, even when I didn’t deserve it.  We have found the kind of love that awakes the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, that is what you’ve given me and what I hope to give to you forever. I will always love you. "


7 comments :

  1. Those are so beautiful! I also love your flowers! The bright colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I told my florist that I wanted the brightest bouquet possible without being tacky & that's exactly what she did! All of my flowers were one of my favorite parts of the wedding!

      Delete
  2. I love it! You guys are too cute together and prove that true love still exist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you wrote your own vows! SO very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was the one thing I always wanted to do at my wedding!

      Delete
  4. I love it when individuals write their own vows; they always end up with such heartfelt statements. I almost want to promise these things to my significant other--he certainly has a beard that I'm not particularly a fan of ... but I love him anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We really felt that doing them was perfect for our relationship! & oh goodness at men and their beards, but ya gotta love em!

      Delete