11 July 2014

How to Brand Your Business (or Yourself!)

When I started Lily&Wes, I really wasn't sure how I was going to get my name out there, much less how to provide the best possible buying experience for my customers. Therefore, when I ordered anything from an online boutique or another Etsy store, I paid close attention. I observed the way it was packaged, and what they used to brand themselves. I came up with the things I just HAD TO HAVE for my business & I thought I would share them with you. 



1. Stick with it
Once you have created a brand for yourself, STICK WITH IT! If you are wishy-washy with your name, logos, colors, fonts, etc., people will notice. Customers (or blog viewers) will remember your website when they see the same design they did last time they visited it! If you are seeking a change all-together, turn it into a big deal, because it should be. Announce the chance before it comes, and then announce how happy you are with it once it's live - so that your customers (or viewers) understand why you changed it in the first place. Your design should be like a real relationship, don't change it unless you're unhappy.



2. Business Cards
This will always be your go to product, no matter what. Pass these out whenever you get the chance - WHENEVER. Whether you are a business or a blogger! Get some business cards & whenever it comes up in conversation with someone, reach into that purse of yours and pull it out like you really care about your what you have created - because the whole point is that you want more people to buy your stuff (or to read it), right? 


3. A Stamp
The easiest way to add an extra touch of pizzaz! For a business, just the business name is enough - stamp it anywhere & everywhere. I put mine on the shipping labels when I ship something out, but if I'm mailing someone a note, I put it on the back of the envelope! For bloggers, a stamp with your blog name, real name & address would be perfect for mailing thank you's and notes in general!



4. Thank You Stickers
Saying THANK YOU is really important in general, especially when it comes to running a business. I use my stickers to close my invoices to just add an extra thank you as well as another way to get my website name & etsy page address across to the customer one more time!



5. Stationary 
Whether it's sticky notes, a notepad, or note cards, anything with your logo/letterhead on it will be an easy way to write a note that doesn't have to be on a regular white sheet of paper. I use my sticky notes when I need to add in some info about the order - because it sticks onto the invites! I just ordered the notepad, so I don't really know how I'm going to use it yet, but heck, it's adorable & I love it. hehe


All of these I ordered on VistaPrint, my official go-to: 
500 Business cards on promo for $10 right now (use code: TV500) 
Self-Inking Stamp: $15
Stickers: $3 for 24 stickers
Notepad: $8
Sticky Notes: $3 per pad

I was able to order all of this in bulk quantities for about $70, which was definitely worth it once I realized how much branding myself would pay off in the long run! 

Let me know if you have any other tools for branding yourself, I am very interested in learning new things about this whole thing!!


& don't forget that this is still going on - 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments :

  1. I love hearing about other business and what helps them to market themselves! This is so perfect! I love your stamp! When I saw it on my card you sent, I thought it was such a great something extra!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this! It's just so easy to get your name out there, thank you Vistaprint!

      Delete